Here are a few tips for keeping your jeans (and any denim) looking like new.
- Yes you can launder your jeans, but you don’t need to wash every time you wear them. Every three to five wears should do, unless you’ve been playing in the mud!
- The best way to keep those dark washed jeans dark is to skip the heat. Always wash in cold water and in a laundry bag as the less heat and agitation the better.
- When picking out a skinny pair of jeans, look for ones that have Lycra in the fabric content. It helps jeans keep their shape longer and form fits to you.
- Are you looking at a new pair with some bling? I really don’t like to hand wash as I just don’t think they get as clean. So when it’s time to wash I turn them inside out and again, so to my mesh laundry bag. I wash on delicate cycle and they never go in the dryer.
- And remember, heat is the worst thing you can do to your denim, no matter if it’s a shirt, skirt, jacket or jeans. Always hang to dry. This is a must to prevent shrinkage.
What outfits are hiding in your closet?